Friday, January 23, 2009

Just a little bit

OK, I hate to complain, but...

(Isn't that a funny phrase. People use that all the time. I hate to ...(insert action that you are about to do here)...then promptly negate all use of the word 'hate', by inserting a 'but' and proceeding to actually participate in whatever you supposedly 'hate')

So, anyways. Here I go, being a hypocrit and complaining...

I'm tired of my knee & toe hurting. There, I said it. I complained. Phew. It's off my shoulders.

I don't want to write about boring things, and reduce the even small number of people who happen to swing by...and I'm just under the assumption that my own knee and toe pain is one of those things that would not exactly be the most enticing piece of news out there on the internet.

But (there I go again), people - it hurts! My knee! My toe! Ouch! I used to do triathlons, and be fairly competetive at them actually! And I haven't run in OVER TWO YEARS! I just realized this fact on the New Year when I realized Jesse & I were celebrating two years together. Two years when I have, in fact, not run. Over a half mile, that is...which I'm pretty sure nothing under 2 miles or so counts as a "run" anyways.

And now it has not only spread to running, but to wearing heels. And that is when I say - enough is enough. I must fix this. So, probably five or six doctor's appointments later, here I am. Not much better off than I was, except for having seen five or six new doctors.

And still no running. Or heels. In fact, they've come up with the brilliant idea to take "three weeks off, and see how it is".

Ummm...did I mention that I've taken TWO YEARS OFF. And ANOTHER THREE WEEKS isn't going to do jack for helping me out? Do you think they listen?

Ugh.

Ok - that wasn't complaining "just a little bit". That was a lot. Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent. And now I'll go ride my bike...again...with no running and no heels...yet.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How is your knee? :( I never heard back after your Dr's appt. But then again, this post isn't a good sign....