Monday, November 3, 2008

Against My Better Judgement

I have gone and done it.

Gone and done something I never thought I'd do...or try...or get hooked on...or be into in any way, shape, or form.

And it's called golf. G.O.L.F., people. Who knew? Who knew I'd actually like that silly sport? Actually, let me rephrase. Not sport, game. I do intend to hold that it is a game, not a sport. I don't sweat while playing (unless it's weather-related rather than activity-related), and while it is difficult and requires much skill...there are highly skilled, un-athletic people out there participating. Kind of like poker on ESPN. Just because a sports channel covers it does not make it a sport; game is still the category. But a conversation for another day, another time.

Right now I'm still amazed and focussed on the fact that I have now played multiple times...and LIKED it. So many times that we just bought me new clubs because the husband's are too heavy. My own clubs (they were on sale). For golf! Seriously. What has the world come to?

I have to say though. I love being outside, with friends, having a beverage or two, all while golfing!

What's it gonna be next? Lawn bowling? Who knows.

No comments: