Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Go Figure

Marriage is so completely baffling to me.

One day, we absolutely cannot stand to be in the same house. Granted, my house is small. But not sure that is the problem. I mean, I'm sure we'd have those moments even if we bought a larger home. The 'if only we had...' syndrome I'm sure could be another post in itself, so I'll save that one.

But then the next day (or shortly after), I am absolutely smitten with my husband. Loving him to death, he can do no wrong, can't wait to be home from work to see him, that sort of thing.

And sometimes, you find that spot in between that is just best described as comfortable. I think we have jumped from those three options quite a bit in this first year actually. It's definitely not easy, but I think it is worth it.

And today we have been married for exactly 10 months. Almost a year. Sounds short, and feels...well...feels long in some ways and like it flew by in others.

And speaking of flying...wish he wasn't flying to another state right now with weather delays & being far, far, away from here...here's to many more months and years and decades of 'us'.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I can't believe it's almost been a year! I still can't believe you're married though, either! So crazy.

KR said...

I know!!! Just wait until I have a kid...that will have you REALLY freaked out!! :) ha ha

Mandy said...

Yeah, Okay, but don't do that anytime soon, okay?